About This Blog

I am a twenty-something woman living in NYC.  I have a passion for healthy eating (and eating in general!), wellness, running/spinning/yoga/anything that makes me sweat, and taking pleasure in what life has to offer.  My philosophy on health is all about balance.  It is totally possible to enjoy restaurants, go out with friends, be social and STILL be SLIM.  This blog will give you the skinny on how to stay healthy, fit, and fabulous in the city.

I don’t believe in diets.  Diets are dumb.  Yes I know that many of you may be saying “well I had a friend who followed food points was on such and such diet and they lost 30 lbs!”  But did that friend keep off that weight for 5, 10, 15 years?  Diets are not a way of life.  Diets make you feel deprived and hungry ALL THE TIME.  And that’s not fun for anyone.  Instead, I believe in enjoying all different types of food in moderation.  I believe in the 80/20 rule.  I eat healthy, balanced choices that nourish my body (and soul) 80% of the time.  And the other 20% I enjoy foods that are not the lowest in fat – chocolate is a big one! – in small amounts.

I also believe that you can’t be fit and fabulous until you get your butt off the couch.  Exercise is the best way to stay toned, happy, and healthy.  I don’t expect everyone to run marathons, but doing something active every day, whether it is taking a nice long walk, pounding the pavement, or working out at the gym, is crucial not only for your physical well being, but your mental health as well.

This blog will give you tools, recipes, restaurant advice, and other great tips that I have learned over time.  I hope to inspire you, in a city full of opportunity, to make balanced, healthful choices and to explore everything that gotham has to offer!


Leave a Reply to Susie Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: